Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ubay - Night Shot



Whoops, I completely blanked on this one. Maybe I should program these deadlines into my Google Calendar...

Anyways, I was planning on uploading one very similar to Matt's Picasso vendor, but I thought I'd mix it up. This steel drummer played outside the International Market Place in Waikiki, and his shirt lit up like the bars on an audio monitor. (I just tried Googling it, but I came up with nothing. So if you someone can educate my ignorance of musical and audio devices, it'd be much appreciated.) I found this guy the most legitimately entertaining street performer on the block, so I gave him a dollar for dealing with the constant shutter clicks.

ISO: 400
Exposure: f/1.8
Shutter: 1/20
Focal length: 50mm

1 comment:

  1. This guy is awesome, which I might add, I have a shot of him as well! Nice composition, and I like the blur action of the truck behind him. The shininess of his drums and the bright colors of his shirt really make this photo pop. Not sure what the brand is called, but there's a kiosk at Ala Moana that sells these shirts. The graphic lights up and moves according to music beats, like from the drums he was playing.

    ReplyDelete