Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tiffany's Frame Shots




I'm going to post two this week. The first was taken walking around the neighborhood where I live in Makiki. The first is of a car window that caught my eye. The window frames the reflection of the apartment building behind it. I liked the cracked leather of this old car and if you look carefully the window is covered in post office stickers.

The second photo I took a while back but it's one of my favorite frame shots. This was taken at the Byodo-In Temple in Kaneohe. And let's face it, this place is picture perfect!

Window photo: Temple photo:
Shutter 1/80 Shutter 1/100
Aperture f/5.6 Aperture f/8
Focal length 18mm Focal length 33mm
ISO 200 ISO 100

4 comments:

  1. Cool shots! I like the temple one - it's not completely symmetrical, but my eyes are drawn directly to the middle. There's lots of things going on in the first one, but for some reason my eyes are drawn to the blue logo/thing in the bottom left corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jason about the blue square, but I like the composition of textures and lines, too. An interesting interpretation of the assignment.

    The Pagoda shot is cool, too. Maybe more cropping into the center next time to make the focal point pop more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favs gotta be the reflection. Redefines the portal term. Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions. I see now how the blue square thing can be distracting, I should have cropped it out. Note to self for next time.

    ReplyDelete